The weighbridge with the weighing house was created on the initiative of a group of farmers from the Groetpolder in the municipality of Winkel. In 1933 they needed a weighbridge in connection with the sale of the cultivated agricultural products. On the bridge they could drive wagons with goods and weigh the load on the wagons. They found a suitable location near a widening of the Westfriesedijk. The maximum weighing capacity was 20,000 kg according to the reading scale on the current mechanism. The construction of the weighing house with the construction of the pit for the weighbridge was awarded to the company Keuris in Schagen. A nearby farmer was appointed as weigher (the first was Dirk Molenaar). Especially during the harvest season, the installation was used intensively to weigh straw, grain and agricultural products. Cows and pigs were also weighed regularly, and in the early years also many motor vehicles. The weighbridge was no longer used since 1990 due to new developments, as a result of which the bridge was rendered inoperable. Several of these weighbridges and houses have been built in the Netherlands, but many have since been demolished. Sources https://www.hollandskroon.nl/system/files/2022-07/Redengende%20description%20-%20Winkel%20-%20Westfriesedijk%2036.pdf
Weegbrug
Nearby locations
-
B&B Groepsaccommodatie Veldzicht
- Location
- Winkel
Group accommodation Veldzicht is located in the middle of the northern part of North Holland, in a rural area in an agricultural area, 800 meters from the 126 km long West Frisian Omringdijk which embraces the "Westfriesland" area.
-
Camping ‘t Zand
- Location
- Winkel
-
Voormalig Raadhuis Winkel
- Location
- Winkel
Oorspronkelijk was dit het rechthuis voor de stede Winkel. Zowel het bestuurlijk als rechtsprekende orgaan was hier ondergebracht. Het exacte bouwjaar is niet met zekerheid te zeggen maar op een zandstenen gevelsteen in het gebouw staat het gemeentewapen van Winkel met het jaartal 1599 vermeld. In 1415 kreeg Winkel stadsrechten en mocht een weekmarkt organiseren. De botermarkt werd tot 1860 voor het raadhuis georganiseerd. In 1666 werd de verdieping met toren toegevoegd. In de loop der jaren heeft het gebouw ook gefungeerd als waag, brandweerpost, school, postkantoor, politiebureau en museum.
-
B&B Veldzicht
- Location
- Winkel
Bed and breakfast 'Veldzicht' is located in the middle of North Holland, a rural agricultural area, 800 meters from the 126 km long West Frisian Omringdijk, which embraced the area "Westfriesland".
-
Bed & Breakfast ‘Vrij – Gezellig’
- Location
- Winkel
Bed & Breakfast 'Vrij Gezellig' is located in the new farmhouse, in the rural West Frisian village of Winkel. A fairly cozy place, away from the highway, where you will feel at ease. They have access to three rooms with a rural view. West Friesland is the perfect environment where you can enjoy peace, but also actively cycle or walk. Enjoy the hospitality! They recently participated in the TV program Bed & Breakfast from broadcaster MAX. The Bed and Breakfast was then rated as the best. Are you also coming to enjoy the hospitality?
-
Museum Spaansen
- Location
- Winkel
For the occasion of the 50th anniversary celebration in February 1996, the former house of the family Spaansen was set up as a museum. Learn about the past, present and future of the family through seeing the extensive photo collection and various utensils, used by this family business.
-
Kerktoren Winkel
- Location
- Winkel
Demonstration of the oldest clockwork.
-
Het Spaansen Museum in Winkel
- Location
- Winkel
On the occasion of the company's 50th anniversary in February 1996, the former residence of the Spaansen family has been turned into a museum. Be informed and inspired by an extensive photo collection and countless utensils that connect the past, present and future of Spanish people as a respectable family business.
-
De Dikke Paal
- Location
- Winkel
The boundary post indicated where the maintenance obligations regarding the West Frisian sea dike were. The post features the coats of arms of the water boards that had traditionally maintained the dike sections under Winkel. This is where the section of the dike that was maintained by the Vier Noorder Koggen ended and the section that was allocated to Drechterland in 1339 began. This post is the replacement for the one that was burned during the famine winter of 1944, replaced in 1991 at the initiative of the Stichting Historisch Niedorp.